Pratt Young Professionals – A vibrant group of Pratt’s young business people (21-40ish) who host a variety of community service, social, and philanthropic events throughout the year. Individuals passionate about their career and the Pratt Community are encouraged to join. Membership applications are available at the Chamber of Commerce office. A few of their upcoming events include:
- April 24, 2014 – Monthly dinner with host Rochelle Westerhaus at the public library.
- May 3, 2014 – Spring Community Service Projects: PYP will be out in full force this spring to help out in the community. If any individuals or groups are in need of outdoor services, please contact the Chamber of Commerce to inquire as to how PYP may assist. PYP plans to help with the Downtown Farmer’s Market and has done painting, yard and house clean-up, food drives, and adopt-a-highway for past projects, among others.
- July 12, 2014 – Movie in the Park event. PYP will once again be showing a movie in conjunction with the downtown sidewalk sale. Movie time starts around dusk.
Quarterly Breakfast – Is your business expanding, doing new & inventive things, or you just want to have coffee with your Chamber friends? The Chamber is looking for a host for our next Quarterly Breakfast to be held in May or June. If you are interested, please let me know.
Knights of Columbus Fish Fry April 11 – 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Knights of Columbus – 1223 N. Main Fish, coleslaw, potato dish, vegetable & bread
Legislative Update & Coffee with Mitch Holmes & Marshall Christmann Saturday, April 19th – 9:00 am Pratt Community College – Riney Student Center, Rooms 312-314
Ribbon Cutting – The Storm Cellar Pub & Grub
Thursday, April 24th – 12 Noon 701 E. First
South Wind Hospice Purse Auction May 17- 11:00 am
Tickets are $25 Contact Joy Schwartz at 620 672-7553
Security in the Workplace Learning Luncheon Tuesday, May 20 – 12:00 Noon Pratt Regional Medical Center – Stanion Room Chuck Clanahan, Kansas Protective Security Advisor/U.S. Department of Homeland Security will be presenting: “See Something, Say Something”, Active Shooter & Cybersecurity Please RSVP to email@example.com
Pratt Area Humane Society – 2nd Annual Color Me Fun Run Saturday, May 31 – Pratt County Lake 9:00 am www.prattareahs.org Registration is $40
BINGO at Pratt Elks Lodge #1451 – 1103 W. 5th Every Monday beginning at 7:00 pm Entry is free and open to the public.
What’s Happening @ Your Library for March (Pratt Public Library)
- PreSchool Story Time (ages 3 – 5 years) – Mondays and Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Toddler Time (ages 0 – 2 years + mom/caregiver) – Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Tween Tuesdays @ Your Library - April 15 – 3:45 p.m., Watercolor/Crayon Paint
- After Hours @ Your Library – Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. April 15 – Artist Talk with Neil Goss
- K-4 Fun @ Your Library – Every Thursday after school from 4 – 4:45 p.m. April 17 – Tin Can Trains
- Tech Thursdays – 5:30 pm April 17 – Windows Laptop Basic Class
Pratt Community College Join Pratt Community College “Under the Big Top” on April 25th The carnival of excitement includes dinner, raffles, a silent auction and a live auction, as well as a thrilling performance by PCC’s own vocal ensemble, Encore! Tickets are $25 for individuals and $40 for couples. Tickets will be sold beforehand and at the door, but seating is limited. Reserve your tickets by contacting Foundation Director Ann Ruder or calling 620-450-2179.
Patrick Jones, PCC freshman and accomplished pianist, will perform a piano concert and some of his friends will join in for a great afternoon of music! Several different styles! Carpenter Auditorium Suggested donation $5
PCC Women’s Softball -Tuesday, April 15 – 1:00 pm – Hesston Colllege
PCC Men’s Baseball Tuesday, April 15 – 4:00 pm – Cowley College Friday, April 18 – 2:00 pm – Butler County, Saturday, April 19 – 2:00 pm – Butler County
Rolla Rena Public Skate Sessions Be sure to register for KIDS SKATE FREE at www.kidsskatefree.com
- New After School Skate session! Wednesdays, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., $5 per skater, all skaters welcome. (Kids Skate Free passes are accepted for this session.)
- Upcoming special sessions Easter weekend! Good Friday skate: come see the Easter Bunny, get your picture taken with him and pick a lucky prize egg from his basket! 1:00-5:00 $8.00 includes quad rental skates & free drink at snack bar. & prize egg!!
- Friday 7:00-10:00 pm, Saturday 2:00-10:00 pm – $6.00 admission + $1.00 skate rental
- Also open Monday, April 21st - schools out skate day. Open to all ages. 1:00 – 5:00 pm $8.00 includes quad rental skates & free drink at snack bar!!